Friday, July 29, 2011

Dreams ... and Letting Go

Since CollegeGirl was 14, she has declared she has wanted to be a realtor. Out local state university has such a program, a realdeal 4 year program. CollegeGirl has worked hard and is ahead of the curve, as far as credits, because she took many college-level courses, while still a high school student.

But, she is not happy with the real estate program. We are not surprised by this, as the coursework is heavily focused on numbers, accounting, etc. She took a elective course that really seemed like a great fit for her. She loved the creative outlet it provided for her. The photo is a project she had to present for the class. She was presenting a nursery design. I'd hire her. :)

So, we encouraged her to change majors and finish up her degree in design, vs. real estate. Annnd we thought that's what the fall would bring. But, we were wrong.

CollegeGirl will become EastCoastGirl in a matter of a few days. She feels she needs to be in NYC. She has a friend there, but nothing else. And by 'nothing else', I mean *nothing else*. No job, no school, no place to live, no money, no plan.

And no amount of logic and reasoning will dissuade her form trying her wings. She is going. And I am worried and sad and worried and sad and worried and sad. lol I do not know where God is in all this, but of course, I trust that He is.

So, if you think of my dear, sweet, treasure of a daughter, would you please pray for her ? I am concerned, most of all, for her safety. Midwest girl meets the mean streets of NY? ugh

This is a song I used to sing over BabyGirl, LittleGirl and soon, EastCoastGirl. I will lay hands on her and bless her with this verse/song, as she heads out into the big world:

"The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face shine upon you.
And give you peace forever.

The Lord be gracious to you,
The Lord turn His face toward you
And give you peace forever".


*To be a mother, is to forever consent to having your heart walking outside your body".*

3 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh wow...that is a tough one. I will certainly pray for her!

Dolores said...

She sounds like a very determined and strong willed young woman..... hmmmmm, did she take after her mother?

I understand your concerns. She and you will certainly be in my prayers!!!!

Kathy said...

I love your girl. I love you. I love that you share your heart with us...... EastCoastGirl is on my kitchen windowsill and will remain there as a reminder to pray. XO