Thursday, February 3, 2011

#34/365 All About Lulu (aka CollegeGirl)

What short-waisted, short statured, pregnant woman wears a turtle neck sweater and plaid pants?
Me, of course!! lol Lulu made her appearance 5 weeks later (one month early).

My brand new, fresh from God, squishy babygirl, still all scrunched up. Awwwwh.

Big blue eyes and marvelous baby chub.

In a kiddie parade, with big brother pulling the wagon.

"Put my shoes on, Mom!" :D

Baby Shades. Holllywooood. :D

My little rein'dear'.

With her Grandpa (my FIL). He loved her so. We still miss him.

With Molly, her American Girl doll.

She *begged* for a dog, so we adopted Scout.
Then, she left for college and we have Scout. Hmmmm ... how's that work? lol

My beautiful Luigi. Dancing at a UNI basketball game.

Heading to Asia (Thailand and Cambodia), with her carry-on only backpack.
Three weeks of fun with her Uncle and Aunt!

Bringing me tulips for Mother's Day. I love that kid so much it hurts.

My darling daughter, by BabyGirl, my sweetness and light is 20 years old today!!! How can this be? It all went so quickly. Zoom. Zoom. Zoom.

She has been (and will always be) one of my life's greatest surprises!! I thought, no KNEW, she was a boy, until the moment she was born and STILL had difficulty believing I had a daughter, until I saw her for myself. What JOY!!

She has been sweet, cuddly, joyful, creative, self-directed, caring, thoughtful and a blessing beyond words to us. It has been hard to 'let her go', but not for reasons that may be typical (worrying they are making mistakes, living ::ahem:: large, etc.). Nope, it has been hard to let her go, because we loved, loved, loved every minute of having her near us, under our roof, lighting up our lives with her presence.

May God richly bless you, sweetie. We trust God to lead and guide you all the days of your life.

PS:

"Call if you need anything." ;D

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!!

I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!!!! You look so cute pregnant.. and with your new baby!

Your baby girl was beautiful and has grown into a beautiful young woman.... God has certainly blessed you with a wonderful daughter and son.
Hugs,