Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here We Go!


I am thinking about … how to 'do better' this year in the areas of exercise, Bible reading and diet. I am a flabby girlieman!


I am rejoicing … that all my children, grandchildren, brother, SIL and MIL are healthy. Such a rich blessing.


I am thankful for … my job's schedule that allows me longer breaks than if I worked in the medical settings.


I am learning … to ask for God's help with the things I need to do. I cannot make changes on my own, this I know.


I am going … to try to post every day again this year.


I am hoping … to find God's favor in the area of lactation counseling. New career? Maybe.


I am praying … (after several long year's of NOT doing so) for God's will, not mine, to be done. I know better, but I was pretty mad at Him (not advocating this response to God at all).


I am reading … the Proverbs 31 devotions blog (plus all my usual ones--see side bar).


I am hearing (from God) … in the way of cool dreams, Today, as I awoke from my nap, I realized I has my first ever dream about HEAVEN. It was amazing!!


I was blessed by … a wonderful day today. A little bit of work, a little bit of play, a nap, a glass of wine, dark chocolate truffles.


I am intentional about … this BLOG. It has ruled my thoughts for days, as I seek to rework the focus to be more God-centered.


I am the hands and feet of Christ … I made ham and cornbread for supper. Not all that amazing for most women, but trust me, I never cook. The hubs seemed surprised and happy. Bless that man, Lord. :)


One of my favorite things … Saturdays!!


Prayer focus … Chandra (serving in Afghanistan), Savannah (brain tumor), Ian (to regain arm movements and control--local soldier injured in Iraq).


Me, the Hubs and our little dog-child, Scout on NYE 2010-11.

3 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs....
I love this post!
I love this picture!!!!
Hugs,

Coley said...

Checking in! I'm going to try to be better with keeping up! I love the picture!

eureka1951 said...

Catching up on my reading. You are my "fave" T!!! Loving your new sense of purpose!