Thursday, December 9, 2010

#337/365 Out with the Old, in the the New

Fareway is an older chain of grocery stores, mostly in smaller towns in the area. I had never shopped at one until about 15 or so years ago. Most Iowan love this chain.

Me? Meh.

I happened into this store on the LAST night of its existence. It is in the town I lived in when my children were small. We lived about 2 blocks away.

There was a flurry of activity at the new store and from the looks of the shelves in the old store, most all the food was already moved over.

I happen to have a friend who is quite sad that the old store is being replaced. I texted her, told her where I was, what hallmark day it was and told her I'd take a photo for her.

The things we do for love. :)

3 comments:

eureka1951 said...

Fareway has been around that long? I have never heard of it til it came to CF.

Dolores said...

I always feel a sense of sadness when something old is gone....good that you captured some pictures for your friend.

Jill said...

Oh, I don't know...change is hard...even when it is for the better. I am a reluctant "changer."