Saturday, November 20, 2010

#320/365 The End of An Era

That score is not so bad, right? We can rally. Plenty of time.

Brrr-skee-doodle. Chai tea with just enough chocolate soy milk to make it delicious. The only bad part about this yummy warm drink, was having to remove my hood, scarf and gloves to enjoy it.

Poor cheerleaders. Look at the bulk (not their weight). The LAYERS for warmth.

Nothing very special about this photo, except it was taken in the last 5 minutes of the game, which the Knights lost (28-20). And thus, it represents one of the last moments of football for CollegeBoy.

After about 30 minutes, post-game, CollegeBoy and some of his team mates, came out from the locker room, to find us waiting. His (and his team mate's) red eyes told the whole story and my heart broke for him.

It didn't matter that CollegeBoy is, in reality, a MAN. It mattered that, in that moment, he let me see his pain. What a precious moment. And I remembered all the years I spent lovingly trying to alleviate his childhood hurts. And I stored another Mama memory in my heart.

Thanks for the wonderful, perfect season, son. Even though it ended too soon, I could not be more proud of you. Your 4 years of hard work and dedication to the sport you love makes us very proud. In whatever you do next in life, you will surely go far.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Ahhhh, such a sweet post..... happy and sad time. I've enjoyed College Boy's football games.