Sunday, August 29, 2010

#240/365 Like Riding a Bike

This is me and my friend, M. She and I have been BFFs since high school. I was her "Best Woman" (we shunned the title, "Maid/Matron of Honor") and she was mine.

M was unable to make it back for our high school's recent 30th reunion, so when her son had a baseball camp event in our (former) home town, we were excited about the opportunity to get together and just hang out and chat all day.

We drove around town and hit all the highlights; the houses we grew up in, the schools we attended, the parks, the places, the remembrances of our teen aged years. We dined at Granite City and got dessert (to share). And stayed at the same table laughing and talking for 3.5 hours. HA We walked the mall (that used to be an open air 'plaza'). We even ran into a former classmate/girlfriend and visited with her for an hour.

With a friend like M, there is no initial awkwardness, no matter how much time has passed since the last visit. Like riding a bike. We share a history that needs no practice to keep up. It cannot be forgotten. :)

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Two beautiful women!

It's hard to beat anything better than a best friend.... a real blessing!

eureka1951 said...

Loved this post!!! In the last year 2 of my old hs friends and I have reconnected and and have gotten together for lunch regularly. In fact we are meeting tomorrow at HyVee in CF!! Fun Fun!!

Kathy said...

I just knew that was M. I just knew it. So glad it worked for you to connect face-to-face....made my eyes tear-up reading about your heart connection. Bee-U-tee-ful!!!!