Wednesday, July 7, 2010

#190/365 Holiday Happenings--a Retrospective

OK, so these photos were taken on Monday, July 4th (how did I get off schedule?), when my sweet husband and I spent half a day ALONE; no work, no kids, sleeping in, running errands and eating a a local diner we haven't been to in *years*.

This place is a local fixture, owned by the same family for decades. Still has its original booths and counters and stools.

And the groovy booth juke boxes. So retro.

But, I was craving a pecan pancake, as big as your head ... why, much like the one below! lol

And I told him I had to have one, or I might have *perished*. lol

And btw, we did exercise our patience that morning. First, the place was PACKED with patrons waiting on the sidewalk outside. We left, ran our errands and came back and were immediately seated. Yay!

But, then we w a i t e d almost 45 minutes for our order; his, a hot beef sandwich (that looked surprisingly like a volcano-ha!) and my pecan pancake.

It was definitely worth the wait.

Hopefully, we won't wait years before going back.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Wow, the old juke box sure brings back sweet memories....wish we had a neat restaurant like that here.
Your sausage and pancake look delicious....