Monday, June 7, 2010

365 Project Break

I need to take a minute and address a comment that was left on my blog today, by an anonymous person, self-titled "Lucifer".

The comment, (reproduced below) was left on the post entitled "10 Years", where I posted a photo of the hubs and me celebrating 10 years of marriage.

"Lucifer said...

You will not make it to 20."


Huh. At first, as I read this, I was stunned. Lucifer? "...will not make it to 20". What the hey?

Then, I got excited!! My first hateful comment from an anonymous commenter!! Surely, with 22 followers and with a nasty comment, I've made the big time in bloggyland!! (kidding)

So anyway, this little post is an open letter to "Lucifer".

Dear Lucifer:

I have never had such a comment on my simple, pleasant Pollyanna-land of a blog. I am puzzled about how you came to be here at all.

But, I do not need to know the details of your life. God already does and that is enough.

I just want you to know that I intend to delete any future less-than-pleasant comments left here, because it is my blog and I can. I feel kinda bad about that, but not bad enough to rethink the issue.

Next, I want you to know that whether or not the hubs and I "make it to 20", is entirely up to the Lord. And I am cool with that.

Because at the moment I responded to Jesus' invitation to accept Him as my Savior, He became the Lord of my life. He has foreknown every thought, decision, step and idea that has happened to me or within me, even before I made a personal decision to accept Him as my Lord.

He and He alone, governs, justly governs, my life and the years given me and the hubs. And I believe, He even governs yours.

Lastly, "Lucifer", if you even have any questions; real, honest questions about the Christian faith, I will be happy to try my best to answer them. Jesus changed my life, when I was 30 and He has rocked my world in the most unimaginable ways.

I would NEVER go back to the time before I knew Him. My life, then, SUCKED. BADLY.

My life has, on occasion, SUCKED BADLY, since knowing Jesus, too, but there is a huge difference between despairing *with* God and without Him.

No comparison. None. God changes everything.

By the time you are finished reading this, POOF! your yukky comment will be gone.

But I hope you remember my offer.

And more importantly, God's offer to you, "Lucifer".