Sunday, May 23, 2010

#143/365 Memorial Day

We surely miss that man. All of us. Every day.

This is my mom-in-law's marker. Funny family story is that Virginia did not (and still does not) know who ordered the "Beloved Wife" inscription. Dick denied doing it, as did both of her sons. She was actually rather offended, at first. HAHA

This is Mark's Grandpa.

And Mark's Grandma. She was a wonderful woman. She disliked her middle name (Irene), lost her mother in childbirth, when her younger sister, Leona, was born; idolized her father, lost her best friend, her brother Freddie, at age 12; had a pretty rotten life, but laughed and loved until she died at age 99. I loved her.

This is Virginia's mom and dad. Kitty was her mom's real name; not a nickname for Katherine, as I first thought.

Howard delivered 3 of their 4 children (including Virginia) himself at home, because each time, the babies came before the dr. could arrive. Can you imagine??

I wish I could have known them.

Thankfully, I have eternity to look forward to....

1 comment:

eureka1951 said...

I hope I can meet Edna too! What a life!!