Sunday, May 2, 2010

#123/365 My Darling Yukke

I have sponsored Yukke for almost 5 years, through Compassion International.

This update (with her newest photo) came the other day. Receiving these photos is like watching Yukke grow up before my eyes.

Also included was a handmade Christmas card. Awwwwh. ::sniffsniff::

Her legs are getting so long!! And after the last (upsetting) photo I received, I am glad to see my little Yukke looking happier.

Is she not breath-taking? My brown-eyed girl.

Look at this darling card. So cute. I believe it will be framed and hung near her other recent artwork.

When I first 'met' Yukke, she was a preschooler and could not yet write. But now? Look at her lovely handwriting. Can you even stand how proud I am of my girl? :D

I pray that I will get to meet Yukke someday. I chose Compassion International's child sponsorship program for that very reason. I would LOVE to be able to do that.

I am also considering adding another child to sponsor. So exciting to ponder.

Hey, I may not be called to adopt, but I can still love a child(ren) this way, right? Right!!

Do you sponsor a child?

1 comment:

Dolores said...

This is the sweetest post. The pictures and card that your Yukke sent you are so special. She's a very pretty girl, and what a special lady you are to sponsor a child. I hope the two of you will meet in person someday.