Friday, February 5, 2010

#36/365 Throwbacks and Flashbacks


I never have liked pop. I have never consumed it. I remember *clearly* the first time I had a swig of pop. I was no more than 5 or 6 and my mom was drinking a Pepsi in the kitchen of our home in Alabama. I asked for a drink and was told "you wouldn't like it". Well, that sealed the deal. I really wanted to taste that drink then! And I was allowed a swig.

I took a big gulp (didn't know if I'd get another chance, so "go big or go home" was my motto) and aaarrrggghhh!!! I swallowed (so I could TALK) and I cried (really, CRIED), "It BURNS!!!!!". My mom laughed. And that was that. I was done with pop.

I was the girl that wanted a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk at the pizza and pop slumber parties of my youth. Let me just tell you, asking for an alternate menu, as a guest at someone's house (when the menu is pizza and pop) got me a few weird looks over the years.

But Mr. Man loves, loves, loves all things fizzy. Coke is the hands down favorite, but as you can see from the picture, he is currently crushin' on the 'throwback' formulations of pop, the ones with real sugar in them.

Blech.

Just give me some ice cold R.O. water in a faded, throwback aluminum glass and I am in heaven. :D

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I wish I were like you and didn't like sodas.....I'm unfortunately addicted to diet Dr. Pepper.
You're a healthy girl with water, milk, and peanut butter..... sure better than pizza.
Keep up the healthy eating....