Friday, January 1, 2010

Where it Hurts (today)

Pain. ugh Feels like a terrible sinus headache.

I noticed it coming on while having a lovely brunch with a girlfriend this morning. By the time I returned home, I was feeling pretty awful.

I checked the radar to see if there was a storm coming. Sometimes, a change in the weather triggers a sinus headache with me. But nope. My husband checked the radar for me. No storms.

So, I took some OTC sinus pain medication and curled up in my big ole chair, waiting for the medicine to work its magic. 30 minutes passed and no relief. ugh (again)

Then, I remembered.

I have fibromyalgia.

This is where it hurts today.

This is a trigger point map. With fibro, the trigger points (Xs) indicate where there are knots in muscles. I have these all the time. You can feel them. To me, they feel like olives. Weird, I know, but that is the size and shape and consistency (including a pit--lol).

The red indicates where the pain from the muscle knots is referred; that is, the pain is felt other places besides the knot itself.

Voila. My "sinus headache" is *not* a sinus headache at all.

Fibro. Pesky, sneaky fibro.

Anyone else have this?

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I don't have this, but it makes me hurt.... just thinking about it! Head or neck aches are bad enough...
Here's hoping for you to feel better!