Friday, April 24, 2009

Anchor verse

Isaiah 45: 25
But thus says the LORD:
“ Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away,
And the prey of the terrible be delivered;
For I will contend with him who contends with you,
And I will save your children.

As a woman with an ex-husband (sigh/grrrrrr/ROAR), this is a verse that has sustained me through many court battles, parenting battles, spiritual battles.

It reminds me that the Lord, Himself, cares for my children more than I do.

It reminds me that He, Himself, with take care of justice.

And it reminds me that God, Himself, will do what I am unable: save my children.

In my life, I have known despair. Who hasn't?

But I have known despair both with God and without Him.

There is no comparison.

I could never go back.

Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Ohilda said...

Hmmm....how many "AMENS" can I squeeze into this little box?!