Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Video and a Prayer



(as always, please scroll to the end of the blog page and turn off the music, in order to hear the adio on the clip)

Alright. In keeping with my mandate from God, I am posting this clip, but I am following it up with a prayer for President Obama.


Please Lord, I ask that Your Spirit would cause President Obama to invest in a Walmart Timex so that, like the rest of us, he could arrive to work on time. I am afraid that he might get fired from his job, like I would, if I didn't arrive to work on time, day after day.

OK. That's not really a prayer. heh heh

*This* is my sincere prayer for President Obama.

Lord Jesus, I pray that you would impress upon Obama how very important his job is. How he is being watched by our nation, its children and the world. I pray that he would respect the office of the Presidency and would be filled with the desire to lead with our nation with character and honor.

Protect him from the influences of the world that would lead him to believe that he is bigger, better or more powerful than You allow him to be. I pray that he would come to the place where he is aware that he is not in charge, but You are. Protect out nation and its people, as we struggle in these uncertain times.

In Jesus' name we pray,

Amen.

1 comment:

Mom To Six said...

Ok. Not sure how I missed this post, but can I say I liked the FIRST prayer best? tee hee hee!!!

Ok...ok. I'll pray along with you on the 2nd one.

Hugs,

O.