Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And just like that *snap* BOOM, bAm-- CONVICTION

Ummm, yeah. Odd thing.

Apparently, God is not all about the negative tantruming and stomping about.

Ap*parent*ly, He prefers a calmer, more prayerful approach to discontent, danger and the transition of power of the governments of men. Huh. Who knew?

(guilty raising of the hand) Ummm, that would be *me*. Yeah. I knew.

So, what does that mean? How does this li'l reminder translate into action?

Well, there will be no less discontent, but there will be more cowbell (haha), er, I mean PRAYER!

God has issued an itty bitty challenge--->mandate--->edict--->commandment.


No complaining, without prayer. Gonna bellyache on the blog? Gonna follow up with PRAYER on the blog.

I don't know what I expect, really. I mean, the title of the blog *is* sort of "And Then God Said", so well, there ya have it.

The story of my relationship with God goes a little like this (me, talking to girlfriend): And so then, I said, " blah blah blah blah" and then *He* said, " yada yada yayda yada" and so, without additional blather, I present to you, my prayer tool for the next four years (as suggested by God):

The Presidential Prayer Team website. Go visit it. It's awesome and just what I need right now.

I was a card carrying (well, owning) member of the team for "W"'s presidency. I have the CD. I had the passion and the belief and the scripture. My fervor waned over the eight years of Bush's terms (I am not proud of that, but that is the truth), but I felt it was my duty and my honor to cover Mr. Bush, his family and our country in prayer.

So, it will be the same for me and Mr. Obama. Only I admit it is even hard for me to TYPE those words, much less put them into practice. That is why I know I will need assistance, accountibility and more cowbell (dang, that is just only funny to me, isn't it?).

Here is where I will begin my obedience to my Lord Jesus (teeth a bit clenched; some from fussing with God and some from resolve).

INSPIRATIONAL REFERENCES FOR THE WEEK

You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness, O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by Your power, having armed Yourself with strength, who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations.
—The Bible, Psalm 65:5-7 (NIV)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
—The Bible, Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)


The scripture references, a Presidential quote (this week is Ronald Reagan---*love* him), history about the role of Christianity in the lives of past President's (this week is John Adams) and more are all provided on the Presidential Prayer Team homepage. There are also links for how to get involved, ways to let kids participate in the team, upcoming prayer events, etc.


So, I am letting you all know this is how it must be for me for the next four years. Am I expecting it to be easy? Nope. Am I expecting miracles? I wish I had more faith for that. I really do. Maybe that will come. No matter what, though, no peevishness without prayer. Help me, Lord. I need You.



If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. ---2 Chronicles 7:14

3 comments:

Mom To Six said...

Wow! I could've written that post. So much like how I'm feeling. I'm even praying about praying. :)

Hugs,

Ohilda

Mom To Six said...

Hey Terryn,

Go peek at my blog!!

Hugs,

O.

The Greens said...

Hi sweet Teri!

Thanks for asking. Jeremy did lose his job. We were quite stunned. We would post about it, but realized that it might affect our adoption-- so we're not sure we should be public about it. It's been tough-- but we have truly felt the Lord lifting us up, and know He will open doors for us.

Thanks so very much for your concern and prayers. I can't tell you how much I just LOVE YOU!

Christianne