Monday, November 24, 2008

Paralell

Isaiah 49:15-16 says:

15"Can a woman forget her nursing child? (not hardly; hello? engorgement!)

And have no compassion on the son of her womb? (not for a minute; not even when he drives me bonkers!)


Even these may forget, but
I will not forget you. (oh. I sort of get it now. If I can't forget my child, well, what with You being perfect and all, I see how You might not be able to forget me, either.)

16"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; (Wow. My kids are not inscribed on my palms. I have a cute bracelet with their photos and a locket, but inscribed? on my palms? No....).

Misty Edwards has an awesome song with lyrics drawn from these verses. I love it. It's been swirling around in my head and heart all day, encouraging me to to be thankful. Attitude of gratitude. Count my blessings and all that.

And I am ashamed to say, I am out of practice in this department. I am dull. I am rusty. I am stuck. I am fuzzy-focused.

And my Papa-God? He is so worthy. Loves me so much. Misses me, I suspect. I fear I'm too shallow and flabby to really miss Him in the way I should. (sigh)

My prayer for this day and all to come, is that He would lift my eyes from myself and this life and back toward His amazing countenance.

Better is one day in Your courts, than thousands elsewhere...

1 comment:

Mom To Six said...

AMEN! It's easy to make those eyes drop. I know I fight that battle almost daily.

Hugs,

Ohilda