Monday, September 15, 2008

TOOTHY GRIN

::gasp::

Melissa, my dear bloggy friend has kindly awarded me the SMILE award.

Awwww....shucks.

I want to thank her, not only for the award, but for the very kind words she wrote about me and my blog.

Ummm...I don't know that I can agree with it all, though (never, *ever* negative?---yikes!), but I can support the *idea* of it. lol

Characteristics for a Smile Award recipient:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

These are the rules for awarding The Smile Award:

1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator. (check)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award. (check)
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself. (check)
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient. (check)
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others. (check)
7. You must thank your giver. (check)

People I’d like to give the award to:

1. Lois at Musings of the Dings
Lois and her husband offer consistent, sound teaching and advice on the subjects of Biblical child rearing and other family matters. I find them solid and sweet, honest and funny. And their children are such cuties!

2. Val at (D)rivvel Supp
Val is one of the funniest writers I know. She has a BIG love for Jesus and orphans and lives out her beliefs in her daily life. She is not afraid to call a spade a spade and I appreciate that. Her kids all darling, too!

3. Maureen at My Little Pearl
A dynamic, go-getter of a single adoptive mom, who besides living out her own dreams of adoption, started a foundation to assist other families in bringing home a child from China. She is all mid-west, all smart and city-cool and a real heroine! Her precious daughter is the light of her life and that makes me happy.

4. Christianne at A Full Quiver
This cool mom is a mother to the little one that will always sort of be 'mine' (in my heart). Their daughter Graci, is the little girl I pursued to be our daughter, but God knew better. Christianne is the mother of two bio children, two adoptive special needs children and two angels in Heaven. She and her husband are a funny, sweet, faithful team of two who are self-described 'kid-junkies'.

5. Christi at Cherry Blossom Life
Another single adoptive mom who is courageously living out her dreams is Christi. The story behind her adoption of Abbey is nothing short of miraculous (not exaggerated) and now, she is living another chapter of unbelievableness! Christi's faith is pleasing to God and an inspiration to me!


So, there are the bloggers upon which I wish to bestow the SMILE Award. The award that feels good to give *and* feels good to get.

Everyone wins!
Bravo! Bravo!

2 comments:

The Greens said...

Thank-you, thank-you! This is my first blog award! (: I appreciated what you said and even though I've never really met you, I LOVE YOU! I am so grateful for your support of our adoption and your love of Graci. And I love and appreciate all the comments you leave on my blog. Thanks, Teri!!

--Christianne

Lois said...

Wow. . .Thank you for your kind words. I feel blessed. Thank you!