Monday, September 29, 2008

Tea, Anyone?

9/29/2008

Senator Iowa x2:

I want to share my views regarding the proposed Federal Bailout of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

I cannot stress strongly enough that I am furious with the Washington politics that offers up the American taxpayer as the bailout plan for the criminal misconduct that occurred in the administration of these government agencies.

I wish to see prosecution of the individuals who have created this financial crisis.

It is intolerable that the American public should be made responsible for this mess that we did not create.

The socialization of our economic system will be the death of our nation. A free market system is essential to our continuance as a world leader.

Socialization NEVER works. Bigger government NEVER works.

I will not be satisfied that our elected politicians have done their job and "put country first", unless and until the responsible parties are brought to justice.

I respectfully request the honor of a personal response to this correspondence. I do not wish to receive a form letter from you on this issue.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

2 comments:

Val said...

Amen. And Amen. How bad does a bill have to be if House Majority Leader Nancy Botox couldn't strongarm her own party for the necessary votes. Operative Words: MAJORITY LEADER. "This is such a crisis that we're going to vote on it in a couple days." Ummm, a crisis is not a crisis if you have a couple weeks to dally and argue and slip slick poo in (drilling ban, ACORN windfall, etc., etc.). No one has said what would happen if they did nothing, and let it all shake out, and the free market did its job. Maybe a bailout is needed, but I still haven't been convinced that it's worse than doing nothing. Sorry to blog on your blog. Hope your headache is not worse!
Signed,
Steamed in the People's Republic of Maryland

Lois said...

I have nothing to add. Just want to say Amen to your post.

Lois