Monday, August 4, 2008

The Throne Room


DD and I share an office space. That is, we share the sun room, which is her 'office' and more recently, my meditation space (as in meditating on the Word of God, the Person of God, the Attributes of God, the Names of God, etc.).

The sun room overlooks our little garden; a nice view. I have purchased on of those teeny table top water fountains/vases, a little side table, a wicker chair, curtains and a rod, a cute pillow, etc.
It's not all put together yet, but it is serviceable for now. I am really going to try to get back to 'practicing the presence of God' (awesome book by Brother Lawrence).

Anyway. DD breezed in to check her email, etc. She noticed the beginnings of the transformation of my little quiet space. Her tongue-in-cheek comment?

"Nice scepter, Mom".

She makes me laugh.

**(DD is code for dear/darling daughter)

No comments: