Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Faith Spotlight in the Media--the continuing saga

UPDATED: NEW TITLE "Faith in the Media--the Continuing Saga" was a bit unclear, as I read it back this morning. It implies (perhaps) that I *have* faith in the media; my intent was to write that the subject of 'faith' was being covered (again) by the media.

Larry King is not my favorite person. I rarely watch him. I have never wanted to have lunch with him.

But, since the Chapman family was going to be interviewed tonight, I wanted to watch. Again, I am so proud of the Chapman family for being real.

And as kind as the interviewer from "Good Morning, America" was, Larry King felt rather coarse and dismissive to me. ugh.

It seemed to me that Larry King either thinks Christians are misguided or are simpletons. Or actually, he probably thinks we are both.

And you know, that is no surprise to me (in case you are reading, Mia's Mommy? That's for you--lol).

It's just that, even if you think that of certain people, of Christians, it seems to me that you could table that for people who are grieving the loss of a child/sister. And come forth with a bit of warmth. I think he actually can not even begin to understand the family's faith. How sad.

Oh well. I remember a time when that would have been wasted on me, too. Look what God can do with a misguided simpleton. :~)


John Wimber had a statement and a question, "I'm a fool for Christ. Whose fool are you?". I know my answer.

And apparently, so do the 95% of the people who answered Mr. Kings' question on his website, "Has faith helped you through a difficult time?". That's a whole lotta fools.

Amen. May it be so.

No comments: