Friday, August 8, 2008

AOADD--You try living like this!

Adult-Onset ADD. Not even sure that is a real diagnosis, but I've decided I have it. Either that, of "the change of life" (sheesh--what a ridiculous term) thing is affecting my brain.

In no particular order of importance, I am pondering the following:

From the song "God of Wonders" there is some sort of 'bridge' in the middle, where Jeremy Camp says, "Precious Lord, reveal Your heart to me". Gets me every time.

It reminds me of when Moses was on the mountain with God and Moses asked God to "Show me Your glory". Wanted to pull the car over and get out and get on my face before the Lord. Yeah. I'm demonstrative in all areas of my life, especially when expressing love and compassion.


"Hinds Feet on High Places", by Hannah Hurnard page 60:

"The High Places", answered the Shepherd, "are the starting places for the journey down to the lowest place in the world." My margin notes: dated 6/07 "Well, that answers the question of 'why'?" I was in the desert after living entirely on the mountain my whole Christian life. I seem to have 'forgotten' that revelation, since it is a year and two months later and still I' m questioning. See? AOADD.

Where, oh where, is the place where I can go and love children and have it make a difference, an eternal footprint?

I love my job, but the load of federally mandated procedures and papers (all rightly designed to protect the student and family) is intense some days. Where can I go and purely love the children--no papers; just love?

If I were to go to VN, is there such a place? Does the need for that kind of 'help' exist? Maybe there is no need there and I should point myself elsewhere?

"Precious Lord, reveal Your heart to me".

"Show me Thy glory".

(artwork from this site)

No comments: