Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"The Shack" Attack

page 99 "The Shack"

"Although, by nature He is fully God, Jesus is fully human and lives as such. While never losing the innate ability to fly, He chooses moment-by- moment to remain grounded. That is why His name is Immanuel, God with us or God with *you* to be more precise".

No margin notes next to this passage. Nosireee.

Only thing happening was the explosion in my head, as I fought to contain, understand, *process* this thought.

Still working on it, as a matter of fact.


Is this new theology for me? No. I know the Trinity. I know the names of Jesus. I know God-with-us is Jesus, is Immanuel.

Is Jesus' humanity and divinity explained in a new way, a way that I can sort of get my head around? Yes.

The really crystal clear explanation of this mystery comes a bit later in the book. We'll discuss that tomorrow.

Wowza.

No comments: