Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pretty SIn

Deuteronomy 8:14 "...when your heart is lifted up and you forget the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage..."

This quote is from a post I wrote quite a while ago:


***No, the most horrible sin I have ever committed was a pretty one. One that was easy to defend and gloss over and rationalize. And it took years and years of sinning in this way, to build up and to dull my spirit and to make me well, if not blind, pretty darn near-sighted.

Anyone care to guess what I was guilty of?***

So, returning to this thread, I realize that there have been no comments, no guesses as to my sin. Hmmmm....

Alright, dear reader. You have 24-36 hours, before I have time to fully launch back into this discussion with myself. Start the clock and let's see some guesses...

Maybe you really have no ideas? Maybe you do and are shy (not likely--heh heh). Maybe you can't imagine moi engaging in any sort of really ugly sin? Maybe you know me personally and already know the answer and don't want to spoil it for the casual reader?

Whatever the case, I will take the time to listen to the voice of the Lord today, so that I may be clear when I pick this topic up again. It has been (for me) a subtle belief, that again, looks completely fine (even desirable), but is intolerable to the Lord.

Off to work now! Have a collective good day. :~)

No comments: