Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh.

"...a land where you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper..." Deuteronomy 8:9

Chapter 8 has reminded them (umm..me?) of how they must remember and not forget the past (8.2, 5, 11, 14, 18), and especially how He had looked after them in the wilderness, with the promise that He was bringing them to a good and prosperous land, and that once He has done so they must beware of self-glorification.

Summary commentary from Dr. Peter Pett

and that once He has done so, they must beware of self-glorification.

and that once He has done so, they must beware of self-glorification.

and that once He has done so, they must beware of self-glorification.

and that once He has done so, they must beware of self-glorification.

and that once He has done, so they must beware of self-glorification.

Well, thank you, Dr. Pett.

Now I know the *why* of the (my) desert.

And for clarity's sake, I want to state that my "self-glorification" was not, "Pick me for President!", as much as it was I wanted what I wanted, no matter what (even though what I wanted was nothing ungoldy or sinful). I just wanted it now, my way, at any cost (lukewarmness, unhealthy patterns of thought, whatever).

No comments: