Saturday, May 24, 2008

Devotions

"For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills." Deuteronomy 8: 7

Ahhhh...the beginning of the promises. The good part. The part most (cough:cough: *I*) focused upon.

Not that I'm in this thing for the loot. I'm not that kind of a girl. Really. Don't care.

I was pretty sure that I was one of God's favorite kids (note to readers--I consider that ALL are God's 'favorite') and that it was His delight to give me good things.

That's Biblical.

And that's easy for me to imagine, since I delight in giving my children good things. If I delight in something, how much more is a perfect God able to give good things to His precious children.

So, if I wasn't in it for the *things*, what was I in it for? What was it about this verse that made my heart go ka-thump?

That's for tomorrow (or the next day)!

For today, I must go to the zooooooooo! [grin]

No comments: