Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ya know, it's things like this...

That make me mourn the loss of common sense.

This program works. Period.

Here is a blog with an excellent overview of the (Innerchange Freedom Initiative) IFI decision, with links provided to support his opinion. Here is an article from the Des Moines Register.

As someone who has been involved with IFI at the Newton Correctional Center, who has seen lives changed (first hand), who has witnessed the positive effect of mentoring after release, who experiences the joy of giving with Angel Tree every year, this just makes me shake my head (when I'm not banging it against a wall).

Voluntary. Open to all. Privately funded (since the court battle began). Research supported.

Write Chet Culver, our governor and let him know how you feel.

That's my next move...then, I'll resume head-banging.

1 comment:

Shane Vander Hart said...

Thanks for the link and for spreading the word!