Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gleee!!!!

Anyone else clapping their hands with child-like glee over the anticipation at the coming release of "Prince Caspian"? (insert clapping and smiling here)

The next of the Disney movies based on the "Chronicles of Narnia" series by CS Lewis is coming out in May (if I remember correctly). We saw previews at the theater, prior to the showing of the newest "National Treasure" movie (eh. it was ok).


I was so very impressed with the Disney's making of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" that I am positively giddy thinking about watching this one, too. It was a feast for the eyes and the soul.

The books were much-loved by Mark, the kids and I and I was sooooo afraid they'd wreck the movie(s). You know how that is...film-makers take a favorite book and make it into something so different than what you had "seen" in your imagination, it is unrecognizable? ugh. I hate that.

But I found "TLWW" to be very true to the book(s) and felt they were very careful not to do away with the Christian allegory-ness (not a real word) of the story.


It was dang near movie-going perfection (and I am somewhat of a snob about my movies).

Counting the days...just like a kid.

No comments: