Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In case anyone else is wondering...

Thanks to my new cyber-friend, Melissa (whose blog, BTW, has been completely redecorated--gorgeous) for answering my question regarding organizations working in Viet Nam---especially in the area of caring for disadvantaged children. She provided some of her personal favorites.

I have visited each organization's website and thought I'd share one of Melissa's favorites per week, including highlighting Hope Haven International Ministries again. Send me your favorite and I may feature it, as well!
Hope Haven International Ministries is based in NW Iowa. They are the organization that introduced Mark and I to the beauty of VN.

We love, love, love, these people and their worldwide mission to deliver wheelchairs (and the love of God) to needy children and adults. Since Mark is a physical therapist, he is using his skills and talents to help others and that is so gratifying.

And since Hope Haven International is so efficient at what they do, employing only 2 paid staff (the volunteers that contribute their time and resources to this ministry are truly phenomenal), they are able to deliver and fit thousands of recipients with chairs each year. Amen and wha-hoooo!

I will try to post a few photos of our trip(s) to VN, as soon as I can. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Isn't Melissa the best?

Terynn said...

Nicole:
well, I can't decide on *one* cyber-BFF (BestBlogFriend). I think you are all pretty nifty!