Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembrance

So, what does one do? What does one say? On this most horrific of days...

I heard that there was disagreement about how to commemorate the day. Years previous, have always included a reading of the names of the 3,000 victims who lost their lives on 9/11.

But I heard that this year, they were not going to read the names.

Right? Wrong? Healing progress? Callous disregard? I dunno.

I feel like there should be no forgetting of the terror of that day. I believe it to be the defining moment of my generation. I will never be the same. Our country will never be the same.

But to continue to do the same thing year after year? Seems like we can do better.

All I know is, I thought 9/11 thoughts all day and listened to 9/11 music (Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising") and wore my red, white and blue ribbon on my blouse.

I wish this could just become a memory, but I fear that there is more terror coming for our nation. We are hated. We are targets. It is just a matter of time.

God bless the USA.

No comments: